Age of Absolutism Chp 4 10/17 – Nov 7th
Chapter 4 The Age of Absolutism
WHII.6 The student will demonstrate knowledge of scientific, political, economic, and religious changes during the sixteenth, seventeenth, and eighteenth centuries by
b) describing the Age of Absolutism, including the monarchies of Louis XIV and Peter the Great;
c) assessing the impacts of the English Civil War and the Glorious Revolution on democracy;
f) describing the expansion of the arts, philosophy, literature, and new technology.
Oct. 21 The student will describe the growth of European nations, the Age of Absolutism, and the expansion of the arts, philosophy, literature, and technology by:
• Do Now #1
• L/N/D/Q on C4S1 C4S2 Notes ppt
• Completing activities to review the Spanish Hapsburgs.
•spainish rev ws and pg 14 map actvy
finish class work if need, study notes, start working on Study Guide. Study Guide Due day of the test. quiz c4S1-2 10/23
Oct. 23 The students will describe the growth of European nations and the monarchy of Louis XIV by
• complete HW # 1-3
• rev and quiz C4S1-2
• Complete assignments on Louis XIV and Absolutism pg 24 and video on place of Vers.
• – finish class assignments if need, study notes, study guide
Oct. 27 The students will describe the Age of Absolutism and assess the impact of the English Civil War and the Glorious Revolution on Democracy.
• Do Now #3
• L/N/D/Q on C4S3 Notes PPT
• Complete activities on James I (primary source), Roundheads Vs. Cavaliers, and the English Civil War.
• England rev ws and finish class assignments if need. Study notes Quiz on S1-3 notes, study guide
Oct. 29 The student will identify and compare political boundaries, describe the growth of Europeans nations, and describe the Age of Absolutism by.
•collect and rev hw
• L/N/D/Q on C4S4 Notes PPT
• Complete map skills wsht on Thirty Years War and Chart on Austria and Prussia. (pg 46)
• Hw #4 +5 , complete class assignment if need, study guide, and study for test
Oct. 31 The students will describe the growth of European nations and the monarchy of Peter the Great by
• Do Now # 4
• L/N/D/Q on C4S5 Notes PPT – Russia
• Complete Map, Venn diagram, and Chart on Russian Rulers
• Complete class assignment if need, study guide, and study for test
NOV 3rd is an EVEN DAY
• Rev and take F.N.Q. on Chapter 4 – collect Study Guide
• Complete Chapter Review Activity
• HW: study for test, finish Study Guide
Nov. 7 th
• Review and Take Chapter 4 Test
• Start on Chapter 5
Read Witness History P.141 and answer the following questions.
1. How old was LouisXIV when he became King of France
2. Which animal comforted him as a child?
3. What kind of ruler did he become?
Read “A Working Monarch” page 142 in your text and then answer the following questions.
1. What country is Philip II King of?
2. What did he mean “keep an eye on everything”? and what is everything?
3. How many times did he get married?
4. Identify his four wives and which countries they were from.
5. What was his most powerful tool?
France- Read the primary source on page 150 then answer the following questions.
1. Who helped Louis XIV create his philosophy on Absolutism?
2. If you oppose the monarch it is considered a ___________________.
Page 151 – Read “A Separate Class” and answer the following questions.
3. If you were a lower class women what kind of jobs might you have?
4. Compare the lives of a nobleman to a peasant.
Read Page 166 – Maria Theresa , the answer the following questions.
1. What 3 problems did Maria Theresa face when she became Empress?
2. How old was she when she became Empress? ____________
3. How long did she rule? ____________
4. How many children did she give birth too? _______________
England- On pages 156-157 (top section) “England Divided”, using the 8 sets of dates create a timeline. Include 2 facts with each date.
Dates Event Facts