Age of Exploration and colonialization
WHII.4 +5 Exploration and Colonization
The student will demonstrate knowledge of the impact of the European Age of Discovery and expansion into the Americas, Africa, and Asia by
• explaining the roles and economic motivations of explorers and conquistadors
• describing the influence of religion
• explaining migration, settlement patterns, cultural diffusion, and social classes in the colonized areas
• describing the Columbian Exchange, including its impact on native populations
• mapping and explaining the triangular trade
• describing the impact of precious metal exports from the Americas
____10/7______ The student will analyze the motives and technology which made
• Collect the WHII.3 Packet
• WHII.3 Test
• WHII.4 complete map map skills packet a+b
• Homework: Complete WHII.4 Homework Assignment #1
____10/9__________ The student will identify the explorers during the Age of
Discovery and will analyze the motive to spread Christianity.
• Do Now #1
• Go over homework
• Notes #s Chp 2
• Worksheet: Exp. Puzzle
• Homework: Complete WHII.4 puzzle and study Chp 2 notes quiz
_____10/13_______ The student will analyze the expansion into the Americas and the
impact ihad on the native peoples.
• Do Now #2
• collect puzzle
• Notes #s chp 3
• quiz chp 2 ppt
• Homework: Complete WHII.4 study notes FNQ __________and study guide due.
____10/15________ The student will analyze the Columbian Exchange and the
triangular trade and the impact of each.
• Do Now #3
• collect study guide WHII.4+5
• rev. take FNQ
• go over study guide
Homework: Complete WHII.4 Homework Assignment #4 and study for test _____________
___10/17___________ The student will review for the test on the Age of Discovery.
• Do Now #4
• WHII.4+5 SOL Essential Test
• start new packet WHII.6 French Rev. and Age of Enlightenment